Does it ever feel like some longboarders are speaking another language? Have you ever heard a longboarding term and had no clue what it meant? We put together a helpful guide that defines some words and phrases you may hear within the community. Our longboarding terms dictionary is always evolving, so be sure to let us know in the comment section if we missed anything and we may consider adding it.
There are 5 names in this directory beginning with the letter H.
1. A sharp turn between 90 and 180 degrees, the squiggly lines in the maps.
1. The part of the truck that “hangs” from the baseplate. It’s where the wheels are screwed on.
1. Nuts and screws used to hold a set up together.
1. Referring to a slide: a slide facing forward
1. A method for board making where the boards are pressed at higher temperatures. The glue takes a shorter time to heal and the wood assimilates it faster, the main drawback is the possibility of warping.
2. To hot press a board
Submit a name