Does it ever feel like some longboarders are speaking another language? Have you ever heard a longboarding term and had no clue what it meant? We put together a helpful guide that defines some words and phrases you may hear within the community. Our longboarding terms dictionary is always evolving, so be sure to let us know in the comment section if we missed anything and we may consider adding it.
1. To shed off speed
“He threw a fast predrift to scrub of some speed before that turn”
1. Used downhill wheels, can be usually bought from pros for cheap at events. Also called scrubbies.
1. The lord of gnar, chunder, way too pronounced drops and all things sketch. Channeling Skatan gives you extra steeze when riding.
1. The face you put on when pure concentration seeps to the surface and leaves nothing but a dumb expression on your face.
1. A bearing that can rotate in all directions. It can be installed in the pivot or the hanger. The spherical restricts movements in unwanted directions, eliminating slop.
1. Not having the same setup on your front truck as your back truck. Could be baseplate angle, hanger width, bushing combination or wheels duro.
1. Flow or ease while riding and performing tricks.
adjective1. Cool looking, well performed and/or effortless performance.
“He’s got a pretty good toeside game, his slides are so steezy”
Submit a name